Subscribe Now - My Next Meal

Monday, February 28, 2005

Joso's - Sexy Fish

The moment you walk into Joso's, you feel right at home. It is designed like a mid-century bordello (complete with the velvet chairs and sexy paintings/pictures...they really like breasts there). The waitstaff are friendly and the surroundings are quite relaxing.

Although Joso's has some meat dishes, fish is the big deal here. And man, do they know how to cook the fish. I went with BC, and we both liked our dishes. I started out with the grilled sardines appetizer (like Chiado, they bright out the fresh fish on a platter for you to pick from). The sardines were very good, not as good as Chiado, but Chiado is in a class of its own so it is unfair of me to compare. For my main dish, I had grilled octopus. This was without a doubt, the best octopus I have ever had. So moist and delicate, it melted in your mouth. BC had a whole fish (the name escapes us...we had a lot of wine). His fish was well prepared and fell off the bone.

For desert, I had a creme brule that was excellent - it was the prefect amount of creaminess. Both BC and I had a very strong fig grappa (I am not a huge grappa fan, but this was quite good...and did I mention strong). Luckily, the drive back to our apartment was not to far. I'll definitely make another trip back to Joso's. Four Smacks!

-JB

Joso's - 202 Davenport Rd., Toronto (416) 925-1903

No comments: